Just came up with this recipe, and the results were delicious:
- Mix 1.5 cups of flour in a bowl with about four tablespoons brown sugar. Add a pinch of baking powder. Add water gradually until mix has a runny consistency.
- Grate one large carrot fairly coarsely and add contents to the bowl
- Chop up one apple into small, thin slices (I didn’t bother peeling it, just cored and chopped) and add to bowl
- Mix through. Add water gradually until mix resumes a runny consistency.
- Cook as you would pancakes, in a medium hot pan with a small amount of oil. Turn when bubbles form on top of the pancake. They’ll take longer than normal pancakes to cook, go by colouration. When they’re brown on both sides they’re ready.
- Consume, with copious maple syrup!
I’m quite pleased, it was just a crazy idea to use up some spare vegies and I found the result very tasty.